Garrison, New York
Known locally as “Guinan’s”, #7 Garrison Landing was originally built as a utility barn for the railroad. In the 1920’s it was turned into a boarding house and tavern and for many years was operated by the Guinan family as recounted in the book Little Chapel on the River. The extensive renovation involves constructing a flood resistant foundation, installing an on site sewage system and renovating the timber and wood framed structure to house 2 apartments over a new restaurant/tavern.
Read more about Guinans Legacy in the New York Times Article: Farewell to a Pub, and Maybe to an Era
All photos © Phillip Jensen C.